The Dutyfree was a GR-75 medium transport that operated as part of the Rebel fleet, serving in several fleet engagements, including the Battle of Hoth. It was commanded by Captain Areta Bell from 2 ABY to 3 ABY.
In 3 ABY, the ship was among thirty medium transports stationed at Echo Base on the planet of Hoth. It was one of the final transports to evacuate the planet, and one of just thirteen transports to reach hyperspace intact and successfully regroup at the secret Rebel rendezvous point.
Behind the scenesEdit
According to X-Wing: Isard's Revenge, the Dutyfree is piloted by Rogue Squadron pilot Tarrin Datch through the Imperial blockade, and is escorted by Wedge Antilles and Luke Skywalker in their X-wings. However, according to Galaxy Guide 3: The Empire Strikes Back, Datch actually pilots the transport Thon's Orchard, escorted by Antilles in his X-wing and Rogues Derek Klivian and Wes Janson in a BTL-S3 Y-wing starfighter.
- X-Wing: Isard's Revenge (First mentioned)
- Inside the Worlds of Star Wars Trilogy (First pictured)
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game – Rebel Transport Expansion Pack (Card: Dutyfree)