- ―Dyer confronts Solo
Dyer was a male human who served the Galactic Empire as a Colonel during the Galactic Civil War against the Alliance to Restore the Republic. When the Empire began construction of a second Death Star in orbit of the moon Endor, Dyer was stationed on the moon's surface as the commander of the Death Star's shield generator bunker, with Commander Igar and Major Hewex serving under him. When the Alliance began their attack on the incomplete Death Star in the Battle of Endor, a squad was sent to the surface of Endor and successfully infiltrated the bunker in order to destroy it. Dyer and a group of Imperials then confronted the Rebels as they attempted to set explosive charges inside the bunker, but the Rebel General Han Solo hurled a toolbox of explosives at the Colonel, knocking him over a railing and down into the generator room below. The Rebels were ultimately successful in destroying the generator and then the Death Star II itself. Dyer had brown hair and eyes and fair skin.
Behind the scenesEdit
- "I had the opportunity to play a very minor part in the film as an Imperial officer. In the Endor power station, who jumps out from behind a wall, at the power station, and holds a gun on Han Solo then gets hit with a toolbox and then falling into a generator room below. And my big line was 'Freeze!'
- ―Ben Burtt, discussing his role in the Return of the Jedi audio commentary
Colonel Dyer appeared for the first time in Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi where he was portrayed uncredited by Ben Burtt, who also worked as the film's sound designer. Concept art of the character was made showing him aiming his pistol at Solo, but the Colonel did not receive a name until 1999, when he was included as a card in the Endor Limited set of the Wizards of the Coast Star Wars Customizable Card Game. The character's name was confirmed to be canon by the reference book Ultimate Star Wars, which was released in 2015.
- Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi (First appearance)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 1.8 Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi
- ↑ Star Wars: Force Collection
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi DVD audio commentary
- ↑ The Art of Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi
- ↑ Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Endor Limited (Card: Colonel Dyer)
- ↑ Ultimate Star Wars