A Republic gunship holding Anakin Skywalker, Obi-Wan Kenobi, and Padmé Amidala chased Count Dooku to a hangar on the other side of the desert, where he had hidden his Solar Sailer. During the chase, Amidala and a Clone Trooper were knocked off the gunship and into the desert below.
The Stalgasin Hive was located within the boundaries of the desert. Every year, heavy rainfall swept across the desert and overflowed the underground aquifers. This worked out to the Geonosians advantage, seeing as the subsequent flood killed herds of Merdeths which they could then use for food. Merdeth shells littered the desert and polished the sand.
- Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones (First appearance)
- Inside the Worlds of Star Wars: Attack of the Clones
- Geonosis and the Outer Rim Worlds
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 115 (TEC2, Techno Union Starship)
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: The Official Starships & Vehicles Collection 34