The E-22 blaster rifle was a reciprocating, double-barrelled blaster more powerful than the standard E-11 blaster rifle used by the Galactic Empire's stormtroopers. The E-22 saw use during the Age of the Empire and was commonly used by coastal defender stormtroopers stationed at the top secret Imperial security complex on the tropical planet Scarif.
During the Battle of Scarif in 0 BBY, the E-22 saw use against Alliance to Restore the Republic forces in the hands of a number of shoretroopers. Ultimately, however, the Galactic Empire's efforts proved ineffective in stopping the Rebel squad "Rogue One" from stealing the Death Star plans from the Scarif vault, and the facility, along with any shoretroopers on the surface, was destroyed by a single reactor blast from the Death Star ordered by Grand Moff Wilhuff Tarkin in an unsuccessful attempt at stopping the plans from being transmitted to Princess Leia Organa aboard the Tantive IV, which proceeded to flee the battle by jumping to hyperspace.
- Star Wars Battlefront II (Vision to Kylo Ren)
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
- Rogue One Adaptation 5
- Rogue One Adaptation 6
- Star Wars 33: Rebels in the Wild
- Star Wars: Commander (First appearance)
- Poe Dameron 8: The Gathering Storm, Part I
- LEGO Star Wars Rogue One (Set: 75154 TIE Striker)
- (First identified as shoretrooper)
- Rogue One: Scarif (December 1, 2016). Retrieved on December 1, 2016.