The EE-3 carbine rifle was a blaster that was modeled after the E-11 blaster rifle later used by Imperial stormtroopers. The rifle consisted of a small handle attached to a long circular barrel. An alternate version of this model features a modified scope mounting and hand grips that run along the length of the barrel.
The Zabrak bounty hunter Sugi wielded an EE-3 during the Clone Wars. Kiera Swan also used this weapon in the Box. The EE-3 was also the standard issue weapon for the Mandalorian Protectors. The bounty hunter Boba Fett almost exclusively used the EE-3 as his primary weapon. Fett modified his by adding a stock and an electronic scope for distance shooting, making it a dangerous weapon. Prince Xizor also used an EE-3 to try to kill Luke Skywalker as the Jedi and his friends escaped the Falleen's palace on Coruscant.
Behind the scenesEdit
In Star Wars: Battlefront II, the rifle discharges a three-round burst. In the game, Fett's blaster uses the same graphics as the E-11 Blaster Rifle.
The prop Boba Fett uses in the films is a modified Webley & Scott № 1 Mark "I" Flare Gun, built for use by British troops during WWI. To make it into the weapon of an intergalactic bounty hunter, prop makers added a rifle scope, some detail parts to the stock and either an MPP Microflash or Heiland Synchronar flash unit protruding from the end of the barrel. There were also some blocky detail pieces added between the scope mounts and the body of the gun.
In 2010, Bounty Hunters, an episode of the Star Wars: The Clone Wars television series, showed a bounty hunter wielding an EE-3. The EE-3 later reappeared in the show in the episode The Box and again in Eminence.
In Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi, the Webley & Scott was used again, only this time more detail was added, primarily to the barrel. Presumably this was because the prop would be featured prominently in the skiff battle scenes where Luke Skywalker slices it in half with his lightsaber. The Heiland flash unit was gone and a beefier barrel with ribbed hand grips was built over the existing flare gun barrel. The same scope was used, but for some reason it was mounted pointing in the opposite direction from the Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back version. The scope was also mounted farther back on the gun and slightly lower. The blocky detail parts on the scope mounts were also eliminated.
- "Prey"—Star Wars Tales 11
- Star Wars Infinities: The Empire Strikes Back
- Star Wars Infinities: Return of the Jedi
- Star Wars Mythos (Mentioned only)
- The Star Wars Sourcebook (First identified as EE-3 carbine rifle)
- Star Wars Sourcebook (Second Edition)
- "Boba Fett: Mystery Man in Not-So-Shining Armor"—Star Wars Galaxy Magazine 1
- Star Wars: The Power of the Force (1995)
- Star Wars: Chronicles
- The Secrets of Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire
- Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire trading cards (Card: Fett Fends Off Fellow Bounty Hunters)
- Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire trading cards (Card: 4-LOM Tries His Luck Against Fett) (Picture only)
- Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire trading cards (Card: Fett Deals with Zuckuss) (Picture only)
- Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire trading cards (Card: At Last, Fett Delivers Han to Jabba) (Picture only)
- Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire Limited Collector's Edition (Picture only)
- Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire Embossed Metal Collector Cards (Card: ISSUE 2: Rescue Attempt on Gall) (Picture only)
- Boba Fett's Armor: An Essential Guide to a Walking Weapon
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Cloud City Limited (Card: Boba Fett's Blaster Rifle)
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided Quick Reference Guide
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 87 (FET5-6, Boba Fett's Weapons and Equipment)
- Star Wars Galaxies: The Complete Guide: Prima Official Game Guide
- Star Wars Battlefront II: Prima Official Game Guide
- Star Wars: The Official Figurine Collection 20
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary (Picture only)
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: The Card Game – Core Set (Card: Boba Fett)
- Star Wars: The Card Game – Core Set (Card: Counter-stroke)
- Star Wars: Force Collection (Card: Boba Fett (★★★)) (Picture only)
- Star Wars: Force Collection (Card: Boba Fett (★★★★)) (Picture only)
- Star Wars: Force Collection (Card: IG-88B (★★★★)) (Picture only)
- (Picture only)