|EG-6 power droid|
EG-6 power droid
| Technical specifications
|Chronological and political information|
Outfitted with only a low AI, EG-6's only function was to provide energy to diverse machinery, starships and other vehicles. Most of the EG-6's interior was filled out by its fusion generators. Its hull was heavily armored and the droid was designed to survive extreme temperatures or radiation.
There were two heavy power plug-in sockets on the right side of the EG-6's body and a standard power plug-in socket on the lower half of its front. There was also a light power plug-in socket in the face-like unit on the upper half of its front side, that also contained a system diagnostic package and visual sensors as well as an acoustic signaler. The droid was able to speak droid and computer languages only.
The system diagnostic package included a spectrometer and infrared-, sonar- and x-ray-scanners and was used for equipment checks. Although very rarely used, the EG-6 had a manipulator arm that was hidden under a small panel on its lower front side.
Behind the scenesEdit
The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia states that the power droid that C-3PO and R2-D2 found in the Jawa sandcrawler was an EG-6, however it emits the "gonk" sound in Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope, which is a feature of the GNK droid by the same source.
A different version of the EG-6 can be seen in The Phantom Menace, and it was often mistaken for the GNK power droid.
- Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace
- Star Wars: Battlefront II
- When the Desert Wind Turns: The Stormtrooper's Tale
- Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope (First appearance)
- Star Wars Missions 9: Revolt of the Battle Droids
- Star Wars: Rebellion 4: My Brother, My Enemy, Part 4
- Star Wars Galaxies
- Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back
- Galaxy Guide 1: A New Hope, First Edition
- Galaxy Guide 7: Mos Eisley
- The Movie Trilogy Sourcebook
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Premiere Limited (Card: EG-6)
- Cynabar's Fantastic Technology: Droids
- Star Wars: The Action Figure Archive
- The Essential Guide to Droids
- C-3PO: Tales of the Golden Droid
- Arms & Equipment Guide Extras!
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 12 (POW1-2, Power Droids)
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 76 (POW3-4, EG-6 Power Droid)
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided Quick Reference Guide
- The New Essential Guide to Droids
- Threats of the Galaxy
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia