|EG-6 power droid|
EG-6 power droid
|Chronological and political information|
Outfitted with only a low AI, EG-6's only function was to provide energy to diverse machinery, starships and other vehicles. Most of the EG-6's interior was filled out by its fusion generators. Its hull was heavily armored.
There were two heavy power plug-in sockets on the right side of the EG-6's body and a standard power plug-in socket on the lower half of its front. There was also a light power plug-in socket in the face-like unit on the upper half of its front side, that also contained a system diagnostic package and visual sensors as well as an acoustic signaler.
The system diagnostic package included a spectrometer and infrared-, sonar- and x-ray-scanners and was used for equipment checks. Although very rarely used, the EG-6 had a manipulator arm that was hidden under a panel on its lower front side.
The EG-6 was found nearly everywhere throughout the galaxy. Its follow-up model, the S9-series heavy power droid, a larger and more powerful version of the EG-6, was Veril Line Systems' answer to the GNK power droid made by Industrial Automaton. The EG-6 that was owned by the Lars family on Tatooine was several hundred standard years old.
Behind the scenes
A different version of the EG-6 can be seen in The Phantom Menace, and it was often mistaken for the GNK power droid.
- Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace
- Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope (First appearance)
- Star Wars Missions 9: Revolt of the Battle Droids
- When the Desert Wind Turns: The Stormtrooper's Tale
- Star Wars Rebellion 4: My Brother, My Enemy, Part 4
- Star Wars Galaxies
- Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back
- Star Wars: Battlefront II
- Star Wars toy line
- The Movie Trilogy Sourcebook
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Premiere Limited (Card: EG-6)
- Star Wars: The Action Figure Archive
- The Essential Guide to Droids
- C-3PO: Tales of the Golden Droid
- Arms & Equipment Guide Extras!
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 12 (POW1-2, Power Droids)
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 76 (POW3-4, EG-6 Power Droid)
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided Quick Reference Guide
- The New Essential Guide to Droids
- Threats of the Galaxy
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
Notes and references
- ↑ Visual Guide Chapter 8