- "If I need welding, I see a manumitted power droid named AMPS. AMPS doesn't eat rations, of course, but he'll weld in exchange for a recharge, spare gas canisters, metals he finds interesting, or a good joke. I spend a lot of time driving across the Goazon trying to think of jokes AMPS will decide are worth a trade."
- ―Rey writes about EGL-21 in her survival guide
EGL-21, also know as "AMPS", was a masculine manumitted power droid that lived in Niima Outpost on the desert planet Jakku around thirty years after the Battle of Endor. He welded objects for the scavengers on Jakku in exchange for power, spare gas canisters, interesting metals, or a good joke, as he couldn't eat rations. The droid and his mechanical colleague GTAW-74 could sometimes be spotted in the shade trading jokes that their customers had brought them, and Rey often spent time thinking up jokes to trade with him for his services.
- Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary (First identified as EGL-21)
- Star Wars: Rey's Survival Guide
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia