The ELG-3A blaster pistol, also known as the Naboo royal pistol, was a model of hold-out blaster pistol manufactured by Merr-Sonn Munitions, Inc., and also attributed to SoroSuub Corporation. The Queen of Naboo, Padmé Amidala, used an ELG-3A blaster pistol during the Battle of Naboo, as did several of her Handmaidens.
The ELG-3A was a lightweight, elegant, and functional hold-out blaster pistol designed for practical use and easy concealment. It was a small, sleek weapon with a polished, chrome finish and a wooden grip, and fired green or blue bolts, as well as a stun setting.[source?] The slim blaster was fired using a snap trigger, which required a firm squeeze to prevent misfires.
The ELG-3A became practically a standard accessory for diplomats and nobles in need of a personal sidearm. Padmé Amidala and her Naboo Royal Handmaidens carried these blasters, and utilized the weapons during the Battle of Naboo. Despite its small size, the ELG-3A packed a punch, and was able to destroy a BX-series droid commando with one shot to the head despite the droid's heavy armor.[source?]
Behind the scenesEdit
Ultimate Star Wars cites the weapon's manufacturer as Merr-Sonn Munitions, Inc., although also credits it as a SoroSuub ELG-3A. In Legends material, the blaster was a SoroSuub spin-off of a Merr-Sonn product, although no such explanation has appeared in canon so far.
- Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars (film)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Destroy Malevolence"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Blue Shadow Virus"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Assassin"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Senate Murders"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Water War"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Gungan Attack"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Shadow Warrior"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "An Old Friend"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "A Distant Echo" (Gunship art only)