- "Infinity. Already sent a ship ahead. A dreadnought…the Emperor's…"
"Go to it. Leave this place. Find a new demesne. Start the game over."
- ―Gallius Rax and Rae Sloane
The Eclipse was an Imperial Executor-class Star Dreadnought that served as the flagship of Emperor Sheev Palpatine during the Age of the Empire. It was believed to have been destroyed by the year 5 ABY. However, following the New Republic's decisive victory over the Empire on the planet Jakku, former Grand Admiral Rae Sloane discovered the Eclipse in the Unknown Regions of the galaxy. Together with Commandant Brendol Hux and his son, Sloane intended to board the warship and rebuild the Empire.
Behind the scenesEdit
The Eclipse was first mentioned in the junior novelization of Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi by Tom Angleberger. However, the ship being referred to has since been confirmed to be the Executor. In Aftermath: Life Debt, the ship was confirmed to be Sheev Palpatine's command ship.
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ Ultimate Star Wars
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 2.7 Aftermath: Life Debt
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 . "Yeah. Something generally like that. I imagine any ship that size has a fair amount of customization though."
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2
- ↑ Star Wars: Galactic Atlas places the Battle of Endor During the year 4 ABY. Shattered Empire, Part IV, which shows Shara Bey and Kes Dameron settling on Yavin 4, takes place three months after the Battle of Endor, and Galactic Atlas places Bey and Dameron's move to Yavin 4 in the year 5 ABY.
In the novel Aftermath it is said that months have passed since the Battle of Endor. Aftermath: Life Debt begins two months after the end of Aftermath, therefore the events of the former take place at least four months after the Battle of Endor. Since three months after the Battle of Endor is part of 5 ABY, as shown with Bey and Dameron's settling on Yavin 4, events of Life Debt must take place in 5 ABY at the earliest. On the other hand, the Galactic Atlas dates the Battle of Jakku, as depicted in Life Debt's sequel Aftermath: Empire's End, to 5 ABY, as well, leading to the conclusion that Life Debt is set in 5 ABY.
- ↑ Aftermath: Empire's End
- ↑ Return of the Jedi: Beware the Power of the Dark Side!
- ↑ ow.ly/i/dwr9R" . "@LordZack01 @Coopx30 @LelalMekha @wookieepedia Are you guys ready for this? Here's Pablo's note on my manuscript: