- "But then, at the top of his game, the Eidolon announces he's getting out of the assassination business. Opened a security company. Suddenly, half the corporations here were clients of Eidolon Security--and were no longer paying the Hutt Cartel."
- ―Gele'ren, speaking to the future Grand Champion of the Great Hunt
Eidolon Security was a security company and a rival of the Hutt Cartel on Nar Shaddaa during the Cold War era. It was founded by the notorious assassin, the Eidolon. At one point, half the corporations on Nar Shaddaa were clients of the company. Its largest client, however, was the Galactic Republic, which it supplied with billions of credits worth of armaments per year.
The company was significantly damaged by the future Grand Champion of the Great Hunt, with assistance from Hutt underboss, Gele'ren and his slicer, Anuli, after its founder was listed as a target of the competition. The hunter sought to draw out the Eidolon by bombing the company's manufacturing facility and research center in Nar Shaddaa's Corellian Sector.
The hunter succeeded in bombing the company's facilities, killing several engineers, technicians, and scientists in the process.
The second attack against Eidolon Security would be a leak of its private information, containing a list contracts, shipments, and of clients and their security specs. To acquire and leak this information onto the HoloNet, the hunter needed to hack into the company's HoloNet transceivers.
After acquiring the security codes to Eidolon Security's network from Zee K'lin, a HoloNet security expert, the hunter broke into the Network Access Sector, and the hunter's companion, Mako sliced into the company's secure database, transmitting its records to Anuli, who uploaded them onto the HoloNet.
The final blow to the company came when the hunter defeated the Eidolon, its founder and head, in combat and turned him in as a live bounty to the Hutt Cartel.
Following the defeat of their leader, members of Eidolon Security came to work for the Star Cabal.
Behind the scenesEdit
- The player has the option of letting the scientists escape the facility before setting off the bombs, thereby sparing them.
- The player has the option of giving the Eidolon a mercy killing instead of turning him in to the Hutt Cartel, where a worse fate likely awaits.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (First appearance)