Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Eirtaé had also taken the same examinations as Amidala to run for the position of Queen, but lost the election to Amidala.
At first Eirtaé tended to be bossy with the other handmaidens and was resentful toward Amidala, having lost the election to her but they soon became friends.
Eirtaé and the other handmaidens were trained in self-defense and marksmanship by Amidala's head of security, Captain Panaka. She particularly excelled in dealing with protocol and spotting treachery. However, she was less skilled in martial arts than the other handmaidens.
In 32 BBY, Eirtaé was one of the three handmaidens who accompanied Amidala to Coruscant when the Trade Federation blockaded Naboo. At the Battle of Naboo, she helped to end the Invasion on Naboo, and was present at the funeral of Qui-Gon Jinn and the celebration following the next day.
- Skywalker: "In fact, I'm pretty sure it's… Amidala's decoys—Sabé—and Eritaé. [sic]"
- Eirtaé: "Actually, I'm Eritaé! [sic]"
- Sabé: "And I'm Sabé!"
- ―Anakin Skywalker, unable to distinguish between Sabé and Eirtaé[src]
During the Clone Wars, the Jedi High Council discovered that the Confederacy of Independent Systems had paid several outlaws on Coruscant to kidnap Amidala before a crucial speech in the Senate. In an effort to draw out the kidnappers, the Jedi hid Amidala in a safe location and allowed Sabé and Eirtaé to be captured instead. The Council then sent Anakin Skywalker—now a Jedi Knight and, secretly, Amidala's husband—to rescue the Senator; Skywalker was not aware of the exchange that had occurred. Skywalker successfully tracked down the kidnappers and subdued them. He released Amidala's decoys, but did not like that he was not told the truth about the Jedi Council's plans.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Darth Plagueis (Indirect mention only)
- Queen in Disguise
- Cloak of Deception (Indirect appearance)
- A Queen's Diary
- Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace novel (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace / comic / junior novel
- Star Wars Episode I Journal: Queen Amidala
- "In Triplicate"—Star Wars: The Clone Wars Comic UK 6.3 (Misspelled as "Eritaé")
- Star Wars: Episode I The Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace Scrapbook
- Young Jedi Collectible Card Game – The Jedi Council (Card: Eirtaé (Handmaiden))
- Secrets of Naboo
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 9 (PAN3, Captain Panaka) (Indirect mention only)
- The New Essential Guide to Characters (Padmé Naberrie Amidala entry)
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 37 (HAN 1-4, Amidala's Handmaidens)
- Dressing a Galaxy: The Costumes of Star Wars
- Star Wars Chronicles: The Prequels
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The Phantom Menace: The Expanded Visual Dictionary
- "Rogues Gallery: Loyal to their Queen!"—Star Wars Insider 142
- "50 Greatest Reasons to Love the Star Wars Prequels!"—Star Wars Insider 147