- "Make no mistake, Eldra Kaitis. You are a Jedi."
- ―Darth Maul, as he kills Eldra Kaitis
Eldra Kaitis, a Force-sensitive Twi'lek female, was a Padawan of the Jedi Order during the twilight years of the Galactic Republic. Prior to the Invasion of Naboo, she became a prisoner of the Xrexus Cartel. Xev Xrexus, the leader of the Cartel, intended to sell the Padawan to the highest bidder. Darth Maul, the apprentice of the Sith Lord Darth Sidious, endeavored to find Kaitis in order to test his abilities against a Jedi.
During the auction, Jee Kra placing the winning bid but Maul and his hired contingent of bounty hunters ambushed them in their Shekelesh-class freight gunship. Xrexus had secretly sabotaged the ship, forcing them to crash on moon of Drazkel.
They survived the crash, and Maul freed Kaitis to help fight the hunters who were chasing them. Eventually, the Maul and Kaitis dueled, with Kaitis trapping Maul under a pile of rocks with a throw of her lightsaber, but Maul survived and killed her with a single strike.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Darth Maul, Part I (First mentioned; albeit indirectly)
- Darth Maul, Part II (First appearance)
- Darth Maul, Part III
- Darth Maul, Part IV
- Darth Maul, Part V
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know, Updated and Expanded (Indirect mention only)
Notes and referencesEdit
- Truitt, Brian (November 14, 2016). Exclusive: Darth Maul gets a new 'Star Wars' comic book. USA Today. Retrieved on November 14, 2016.