- "Make no mistake, Eldra Kaitis. You are a Jedi."
- ―Darth Maul as he kills her
Eldra Kaitis, a Force-sensitive Twi'lek female, was a Padawan of the Jedi Order during the twilight years of the Galactic Republic. Prior to the Invasion of Naboo, she became a prisoner of the Xrexus Cartel. Xev Xrexus, the leader of the Cartel, intended to sell the Padawan to the highest bidder. Darth Maul, the apprentice of the Sith Lord Darth Sidious, endeavored to find Kaitis in order to test his abilities against a Jedi.
Xrexus held an auction for her, with Jee Kra placing the winning bid. But Maul and his hired contingent of bounty hunters ambush them in their gunship. Xrexus had secretly sabotaged it, forcing them to crash on Moon of Drazkel.
They survived the crash, and Maul freed her to help fight the hunters who were chasing them. Eventually, the two dueled, with Kaitis trapping Maul under a pile of rocks with a thrown lightsaber, but Maul survived and killed her with a single strike.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Darth Maul, Part I (First mentioned; albeit indirectly)
- Darth Maul, Part II (First appearance)
- Darth Maul, Part III
- Darth Maul, Part IV
- Darth Maul, Part V
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know, Updated and Expanded (Indirect mention only)
Notes and referencesEdit
- Truitt, Brian (November 14, 2016). Exclusive: Darth Maul gets a new 'Star Wars' comic book. USA Today. Retrieved on November 14, 2016.