- "A Jedi sufficiently strong in the Force can be trained to produce a facsimile, but not true Sith lightning."
- ―Darth Plagueis
It showed up as yellow or green energy instead of blue or white, but otherwise it was very similar in both appearance and usage to the Force power known as Force lightning. This power was uncommon and controversial among the Jedi due to its use having intrinsic association with anger and aggression and its similarity to Force lightning.
During a mission to capture the criminal known as Dreed Pommel, Plo Koon confronted him at a suite in city of Ektra, Metellos. Pommel had taken a young girl hostage and killed her entire family. During this encounter, Koon let out a barrage of lightning at Pommel's head and then a second burst of lightning that knocked him unconscious.
He immediately reported this incident to the Jedi Council and stated that he had not felt any anger or fear as he let out the blast of Force lightning but was indeed calm and in control of his emotions. The Council asked him to contemplate whether he felt it was wrong of him to have utilized its power during the mission and whether he would use it again.
After much meditation, Koon concluded that it would be wrong of him to ignore its power and that he should develop it into a useful technique. As requested by the Council, he recorded his experiences with the Force lightning that he dubbed "Electric Judgment" on the Great Holocron.
Behind the scenesEdit
Anakin Solo possibly used this when he was consumed by the light side of the Force just before his death, with streams of energy flowing from his limbs into his enemies. Jacen Solo also used this power against Yuuzhan Vong Warriors at the Battle of Ebaq 9. It was believed that Grand Master Luke Skywalker used this power, or a variation of it, aboard Shimrra's Citadel during the battle against Shimrra Jamaane in an attempt to save his niece and nephew from the Slayers; his powerful version sent green sparks coruscating over the body of a Slayer, instantly killing him and causing his body to convulse.
- Darth Plagueis (Indirect mention only)
- Star Wars: Episode I Jedi Power Battles (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Clone Wars Adventures (video game)
- The New Jedi Order: Destiny's Way
- Dark Nest III: The Swarm War (Cover only)
- Star Wars Episode I: Jedi Power Battles: Prima's Official Strategy Guide
- The New Essential Guide to Characters
- Jedi vs. Sith: The Essential Guide to the Force
- The Jedi Path: A Manual for Students of the Force (as "Emerald Lightning")
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Who Are the Jedi? (Alternate cover only)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ Star Wars Episode I: Jedi Power Battles: Prima's Official Strategy Guide
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Jedi vs. Sith: The Essential Guide to the Force
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Star Wars: Episode I Jedi Power Battles
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 The New Jedi Order: Destiny's Way
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 The New Jedi Order: The Unifying Force
- ↑ The New Jedi Order: Star by Star