Electro-shock prods were defensive devices capable of emitting electrical charges which could zap hostiles. The C1-series astromech droid C1-10P was equipped with a prod and considered it his favorite tool. R2 series astromech droids and Lothal astromech droids were also equipped with electroshock prods.
A handheld version, known as an electro-prod, was also available. This version was sometimes used to administer corrective shocks to ornery beasts of burden. At the Arkanis Academy, cadets were provided with one of these when working with diplopods, though Zare Leonis disliked using his on his personal diplopod. Also the sentry droids used by the Resistance on D'Qar had a retractable electro-prod held in a compartment in their chassis.
- Star Wars Battlefront II
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars film
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Duel of the Droids"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Voyage of Temptation"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "A Test of Strength"
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- Adventures in Wild Space: The Escape
- Rebel Rising
- The Rebellion Begins (First identified as electro-solder)
- Droids in Distress
- Servants of the Empire: The Secret Academy (First identified as electro-prod)
- "Escaping the Scrap Pile"—Star Wars Rebels Magazine 19 (Mentioned only)
- Battlefront II: Inferno Squad
- Chewie and the Courageous Kid
- Star Wars 36: Revenge of the Astromech (Mentioned only)
- "Last Call at the Zero Angle"—Star Wars Insider 156
- Join the Resistance
- Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Expanded Edition
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: A Junior Novel
- The Last Jedi: Rose Tico: Resistance Fighter
- The Last Jedi Adaptation 2
- Star Wars: Forces of Destiny – "Shuttle Shock"
- Star Wars Rebels: Head to Head
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: The Visual Dictionary (First identified as Electro-shock prod)
- Star Wars: Smuggler's Guide