An electrostaff was a staff-like melee weapon manufactured by Baktoid Armor Workshop and Holowan Mechanicals. They were used by the Confederacy of Independent Systems' IG-100 MagnaGuards and by the Galactic Republic Clone shock troopers during the Clone Wars, and by Imperial riot troopers and Heavy Troopers during the Galactic Civil War.
Electrostaffs were designed for single combat against lightsaber-wielders such as Jedi, and had the ability to block lightsaber strikes. Each end of the staff was tipped with electricity, and was powerful enough to stop a being's heart after five seconds' contact.
During the Clone Wars, Separatist General Grievous's bodyguards, the IG-100 MagnaGuard, used electrostaffs when they fought against the Jedi, The MagnaGuards were able to use them with deadly effects such as when they captured Jedi council member Eeth Koth and tortured him.
The scavenger Sarco Plank wielded an electrostaff during the Galactic Civil War, and fought Luke Skywalker with it on Devaron while the young Jedi was exploring the Temple of Eedit. Plank proved almost a match for the Jedi-in-training, coming close to killing Skywalker with his staff several times. Luke destroyed Plank's control box, however, and sent him and his electrostaff hurtling into a pit leading to the temple's underlevels.
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ electrostaff. Star Wars Rebels (October 23, 2015). Retrieved on May 2, 2017, 8:46 am. "Whether used as a weapon or a fishing pole, an electrostaff is a good tool to have around."
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Ultimate Star Wars
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Bounty Hunters"
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 The Weapon of a Jedi: A Luke Skywalker Adventure
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Shadow Warrior"
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Deception"
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 Star Wars: Galactic Defense
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars film
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Grievous Intrigue"