An elephant was said to be a creature as large as a bantha, though without the bantha's tremendous looped horns. The shape of an elephant's head was similar to that of a Firespray-31-class patrol and attack craft. The term "white elephant" was sometimes used to describe an unwanted ornament.
Behind the scenesEdit
An actual elephant never appears in any source, though is often mentioned when describing other objects in the galaxy, such as a bantha.
Elephants from Earth were actually quite significant in the production of the Star Wars films. In A New Hope, an Asian elephant named Mardji played the bantha. The movements of the AT-ATs seen in The Empire Strikes Back were also based on footage of Mardji walking.
- Lando Calrissian and the Mindharp of Sharu (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope novelization (First mentioned)
- Star Wars 1 (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back novelization (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi novelization (Mentioned only)
- Zorba the Hutt's Revenge (Mentioned only)
- Queen of the Empire (Mentioned only)
- Assault on Hoth (elephantine)