|Chronological and political information|
- "Red Seven standing by."
- ―Elyhek Rue checking in during the Battle of Yavin.
In 0 BBY, he was present in the Great Temple on Yavin 4 during the briefing, where he sat next to Lepira, Luke Skywalker and Wedge Antilles. He later participated in the Battle of Yavin under the codename Red Seven, flying with Red Squadron until he was killed during the ensuing battle. After his death, Luke Skywalker successfully destroyed the Death Star.
Behind the scenesEdit
The name and initial backstory for Elyhek Rue was established by the Star Wars Customizable Card Game. "Elyhek Rue" is an anagram for Kyle Heuer, a former Decipher employee, and subsequently a developer for the Sony Star Wars Galaxies Trading Card Game. Formerly, Heuer's tournament director designation was "Red 7."
- Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope (First appearance)
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Special Edition Limited (Card: Elyhek Rue)
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Special Edition Limited (Card: Red 7)
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The Essential Guide to Warfare
- The Official Star Wars Fact File remake 1 (YAV1-2, The Battle of Yavin)