|Present for battles/events||
Originally named the Accuser, this warship was one of two Imperial I-class Star Destroyers captured by the Rebel Alliance after the Battle of Endor, when it was boarded by Rebel forces under the command of Han Solo and Judder Page.
The Accuser originally worked as a patrol ship in the Imperial Starfleet. It was extensively modified in order to operate at optimal speed during a crisis and its crew was veterans experienced in monitoring the shipping lanes and Imperial port traffic.
In 0 BBY, the Accuser was modified with more modern weapons, he also fitted with a powerful proton beam cannon. The ship was placed under command of Captain Firmus Piett. When Dac joined the Alliance to Restore the Republic, a group of Star Destroyers, including the Accuser were charged to attack the planet. However they were intercepted by a Rebel fleet before reaching the system and the Accuser retreated after the rest of the fleet was destroyed. Tycho Celchu served as a TIE pilot aboard the starship prior to his defection following the Destruction of Alderaan.
During the blockade of Yavin 4, Piett's Accuser joined the Death Squadron under the leadership of Admiral Griff. Several months after the Battle of Yavin, the Accuser came across the planet Kabal, which was claiming neutrality in the Galactic Civil War. But the Empire had learned that the planet was the site of the Rebel conference. Piett had the Accuser attack Kabal. Among the craft fleeing from the planet was the Millennium Falcon. Piett's fighters pursued the Rebel craft, until it entered a collapsed dwarf star.
In 3 ABY, the Accuser fought at the Battle of Hoth. At this time, Piett became a Fleet Admiral and took command of the Executor. Following the Duel on Cloud City, Admiral Piett was briefly reassigned to the Accuser to lead the fleet while the Executor, under the command of Captain Kallic, escorted Lord Vader back to Coruscant.
When Bothan operatives gathering information on the second Death Star returned from the Endor construction site hidden aboard civilian cargo vessels in 4 ABY, Accuser and the Interdictor cruiser Grappler pulled the convoy out of hyperspace in search of the spies. A quick deployment of X-wings launched from the cruiser Liberty was able to neutralize the Interdictor, and in desperation, Accuser began firing on the civilians, in an attempt to get them to halt. However, Accuser was unable to prevent the information the Bothans carried from reaching the Alliance.
- "Lieutenant Page, how did you manage to fight your way to the bridge? This is not meant to denigrate the abilities of you and your men…I realize that you and your men are exceptionally capable soldiers, and that ground combat is not my area of expertise…but those kind of odds sound overwhelming."
"Well, actually, we didn't fire a shot."
- ―Admiral Ackbar and Lieutenant Page, regarding the capture of the Accuser
The Accuser participated in the Battle of Endor, where it was captured by Rebel forces, along with the Adjudicator. The Rebels managed to capture the ship without firing a single shot. Han Solo and Judder Page's Katarn Commandos used the Imperial shuttle Tydirium and stolen Imperial clearance codes to board the Star Destroyer. Solo, wearing a stolen Imperial general's uniform and posing as an Imperial officer with his Stormtrooper escort, walked onto the bridge and relieved the Accuser's captain. Then he activated the ship-wide hull breach alarm and ordered the crew to abandon ship.
New Republic serviceEdit
Not long after Accuser was renamed Emancipator, the vessel served as the New Republic's command ship at the Battle of Saijo. Fighter squadrons launched from the Star Destroyer engaged and defeated Tof starfighters in the battle.
It was planned to use Emancipator and Adjudicator (renamed Liberator) in a Borderland campaign between Republic and Imperial space, to infiltrate Imperial territory and instigate conflict between the various feuding Imperial factions. The Rebels sent their two captured Star Destroyers to the Hast Shipyards for repairs but they were severely damaged when an Imperial fleet attacked the shipyards.
After the evacuation of Ciutric, General Laryn Kre'fey used the vessel as his flagship in a bid to retake Ciutric from Prince-Admiral Krennel. It underwent extensive refitting after this operation, and returned to active duty under the command of Admiral Ragab.
When the Emancipator was finally put back into service, it boasted a number of improvements, including six proton torpedo launchers, improved sensors, a faster Class 1.5 hyperdrive, and reduced crew and gunnery requirements. It had also lost its proton beam cannon.
In 6.5 ABY, the Emancipator led the New Republic forces at the First Battle of Borleias. At Borleias, the Emancipator attempted to use its turbolasers to knock out the Imperial base's shields. However, this plan was foiled when General Evir Derricote reinforced the shields with the use of an Alderaan Biotics facility. The Emancipator was hit by an ion bolt during the battle, but was able to withdraw. The vessel was later used with the Liberator as a feint at Ord Mirit in order to lure the Eviscerator far from the Second Battle of Borleias. The ship later participated at the Liberation of Coruscant where it fought on the frontline with the Home One and the Liberator.
The Emancipator served valiantly in the Battle of Calamari where it led the New Republic fleet. Under the command of Generals Lando Calrissian and Wedge Antilles, it destroyed the Imperial command ship Allegiance, buying valuable time to reinforce the frantic defenders. It launched an X-wing and V-wing attack upon the Empire's World Devastators. The Republic fleet eventually arrived, but not in time to save the Emancipator from being consumed by one of the World Devastators, Silencer-7.
Behind the scenesEdit
Star Wars: X-Wing Alliance and X-Wing: Isard's Revenge both classify the Accuser as an Imperial II-class Star Destroyer, while Star Wars: Behind the Magic describes the vessel as a "standard Imperial Star Destroyer." The Dark Empire Sourcebook and the Star Wars: Empire at War: Prima Official Game Guide also designates it as a Imperial I-class Star Destroyer.
- Star Wars: Empire at War
- Star Wars: Empire at War: Forces of Corruption
- Deadly Reunion
- Choices of One
- Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back (First appearance) (Retcon)
- Murder on the Executor
- Star Wars: X-Wing Alliance
- (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi
- (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars 107: All Together Now (Retcon)
- X-Wing: Rogue Squadron
- X-Wing: Wedge's Gamble
- X-Wing: Isard's Revenge
- Dark Empire 2: Devastator of Worlds (First appearance before retcon) (First identified as Emancipator)
- Dark Empire 3: The Battle for Calamari
- Dark Empire 4: Confrontation on the Smugglers' Moon
- Dark Empire audio drama
- Dark Empire Sourcebook (First identified as Accuser)
- A Guide to the Star Wars Universe, Second Edition
- Star Wars Galaxy Series 2 (Card: Princess Leia) (Picture only)
- The Art of Star Wars Galaxy: Volume Two (Picture only)
- The Essential Guide to Characters
- The Truce at Bakura Sourcebook
- Star Wars Trilogy Sourcebook, Special Edition
- Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: Behind the Magic
- C-3PO: Tales of the Golden Droid (Indirect mention only)
- The Essential Chronology
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Death Star II Limited (Card: Accuser)
- A Guide to the Star Wars Universe, Third Edition
- The New Essential Guide to Characters
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 76 (ROG8, Rogue Squadron)
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 89 (PIE5, Admiral Firmus Piett)
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 106 (CAL18, Lando Calrissian)
- The New Essential Chronology
- Star Wars: Empire at War: Prima Official Game Guide
- Star Wars: Empire at War: Forces of Corruption: Prima Official Game Guide
- "25 Years of Return of the Jedi!"—Star Wars Insider 105
- Star Wars: The Official Figurine Collection 48 (Imperial Admiral: Firmus Piett)
- Star Wars: The Official Starships & Vehicles Collection 5 (Admiral Firmus Piett)
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The Essential Guide to Warfare
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 1.14 1.15 1.16 1.17 1.18 1.19 1.20 1.21 1.22 1.23 1.24 1.25 1.26 1.27 1.28 Dark Empire Sourcebook
- ↑ Star Wars: Empire at War: Prima Official Game Guide
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Star Wars: Empire at War
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 4.5 The New Essential Guide to Characters
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Deadly Reunion (Classic Star Wars 6 reprint): The captain of the Star Destroyer featured in the reprint of Deadly Reunion is shown to be Piett, even though he is not identified in the text. The identification of the ship as the Accuser is drawn from the New Essential Guide to Characters, which claims that Piett was the captain of the craft during Deadly Reunion's time-frame.
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Choices of One
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 X-Wing: Rogue Squadron
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 X-Wing: Wedge's Gamble
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 The Essential Chronology
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 X-Wing: Isard's Revenge
- ↑ The Essential Atlas
- ↑ Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Death Star II Limited (Card: Accuser)
- ↑ Star Wars: X-Wing Alliance
- ↑ The Essential Guide to Warfare
- ↑ The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- ↑ Dark Empire