An embryo was a stage of Human development and one of its earliest stages. An embryologist studied embryos and their development. An embryo developed naturally as part of Human reproduction, but could also be stimulated to grow artificially via cloning. Embryos of clone troopers were grown and monitored on Kamino in strictly controlled environments. When Obi-Wan Kenobi first inspected the Kamino cloning facilities, he felt waves of life-energy emanating from the countless embryos surrounding him.
- Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones (novel)
- Republic Commando: True Colors (indirect mention only)
- Order 66: A Republic Commando Novel
- The New Jedi Order: The Final Prophecy
- The New Jedi Order: The Unifying Force
- Embryo on Wikipedia