- "Any Jedi, please respond. This is Obi-Wan Kenobi declaring a Nine Thirteen Emergency!"
- ―Obi-Wan Kenobi above Utapau
Emergency Code Nine Thirteen was a code used by members of the Jedi Order.
Code Nine Thirteen was a simple code transmitted by Jedi to find other Knights during certain extenuating situations. The signal would activate the beacon transceiver of any Jedi in range, displaying the location of the code's source on the transceiver screen.
Following the execution of Order 66, Obi-Wan Kenobi sent out a Code Nine Thirteen transmission aboard General Grievous' captured starfighter in the Utapau system. Senator Bail Organa, having appropriated a homing beacon from Saesee Tiin's Sharp Spiral, locked on to Obi-Wan's broadcast, and directed him to a rendezvous with the Sundered Heart.
- Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith novelization (First appearance)
- Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
- Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith junior novel
- Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith comic
- Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader (Mentioned only)
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. I ("Emergency Code 9-13")