The title of Emperor (feminine Empress) was held by certain officials and heads of state in certain governments. It was usually inherited, but this was not always the case. Sometimes successful warlords and conquerors would create Empires by declaring themselves emperor. It is uncertain how, or even whether, an Emperor's position and authority differed from that of a King. Usually, the title of Emperor insinuates that they rule over a far greater region or variety of cultures compared to a kingdom.
The next recorded personage to have held imperial authority was Empress Teta, who united the Koros system. After her death, the system was renamed for her in honor of her memory. The title was also used in certain other quarters, such as Atrisia and Eiattu 6.
By far the best known emperor was the Galactic Emperor, the leader of the Galactic Empire. The first holder of this position, Emperor Palpatine, was usually just referred to as "the Emperor". As the Empire's power and influence diminished, however, the title became less important, and by 12 ABY onwards, the Empire was effectively headed by the Supreme Commander in a military dictatorship. The power of the throne was eventually restored under the Fel dynasty.
Famous emperors include, but are not limited to:
- The Sith Emperor, Emperor of the Sith Empire after the Great Hyperspace War
- Palpatine, Galactic Emperor of the Galactic Empire 19 BBY–4 ABY/11 ABY
- Uueg Tching, 54th Emperor of Atrisia
- Teta, Empress of the Koros system c.5000 BBY
- Aleema Keto, Empress of the Koros system c.3996 BBY
- Shey Tapani, first Emperor of the Tapani Empire c.7328 BBY
- Jagged Fel, first Emperor of the Fel Empire c.44 ABY approx.
- Fel II, second Emperor of the Fel Empire
- Roan Fel, third Emperor of the Fel Empire c.127 ABY–138 ABY
- Marasiah Fel, first Empress of the Fel Empire 138 ABY
- Darth Krayt, Emperor of his Sith Empire 130 ABY–137 ABY/138 ABY
- Antbbianplourr III, Emperor of Eiattu 6 c.19 BBY
- Belgoa, Emperor of Trunska during the Galactic Civil War
Behind the scenesEdit
- Emperor on Wikipedia