Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- "As the Emperor wills it, so shall it be."
- ―Darth Vader
The title of Emperor (feminine Empress) was held by certain officials and heads of state in certain governments. It was usually inherited, but this was not always the case. Sometimes successful warlords and conquerors would create Empires by declaring themselves emperor. It is uncertain how, or even whether, an Emperor's position and authority differed from that of a King. Usually, the title of Emperor insinuates that they rule over a far greater region or variety of cultures compared to a kingdom.
The next recorded personage to have held imperial authority was Empress Teta, who united the Koros system. After her death, the system was renamed for her in honor of her memory. The title was also used in certain other quarters, such as Atrisia and Eiattu 6.
By far the best known emperor was the Galactic Emperor, the leader of the Galactic Empire. The first holder of this position, Emperor Palpatine, was usually just referred to as "the Emperor". As the Empire's power and influence diminished, however, the title became less important, and by 12 ABY onwards, the Empire was effectively headed by the Supreme Commander in a military dictatorship. The power of the throne was eventually restored under the Fel dynasty.
Famous emperors include, but are not limited to:
- Darth Acina, Empress of the Sith during the Galactic War against the Eternal Empire.
- Antbbianplourr III, Emperor of Eiattu 6 c.19 BBY
- Arcann, Emperor of Zakuul and the Eternal Empire 3637 BBY–3632 BBY
- Belgoa, Emperor of Trunska during the Galactic Civil War
- Jagged Fel, first Emperor of the Fel Empire c.44 ABY approx
- Fel II, second Emperor of the Fel Empire
- Roan Fel, third Emperor of the Fel Empire c.127 ABY–138 ABY
- Marasiah Fel, first Empress of the Fel Empire 138 ABY
- Aleema Keto, Empress of the Koros system c.3996 BBY
- Darth Krayt, Emperor of his Sith Empire 130 ABY–137 ABY/138 ABY
- Palpatine, first and only Galactic Emperor of the Galactic Empire 19 BBY–4 ABY/11 ABY
- Shey Tapani, first Emperor of the Tapani Empire c.7328 BBY
- Uueg Tching, 54th Emperor of Atrisia
- Teta, Empress of the Koros system c.5000 BBY
- Valkorion, Emperor of Zakuul and the Eternal Empire (in reality, Vitiate possessing a new body and identity)
- Vaylin, Empress of Zakuul and the Eternal Empire 3632 BBY
- Vitiate, Sith Emperor following the end of the Great Hyperspace War
Behind the scenesEdit
- Emperor on Wikipedia