The Emperor's advisers were high-ranking bureaucrats in the Galactic Empire. As such, they assisted Emperor Palpatine in running the Empire. Most of them had attached themselves to Palpatine since his political debuts as a seemingly unassuming senator from Naboo. The most senior of those advisers made up the Imperial Ruling Council. Many of them wore extravagant purple robes. On their own planets, the Emperor's advisers walked as if they were gods. But in their master's presence, they were humbled. Despite the actual importance of their duties, the Emperor used his advisers more as errand boys.
At the time of the Gorse conflict, eleven years before the Battle of Yavin, Count Denetrius Vidian was one of the Emperor's advisers. Although he was not part of the Ruling Council at the time, the Imperial Captain Rae Sloane expected him to join that august body anytime soon. When the Emperor went to the second Death Star to oversee the destruction of the Alliance to Restore the Republic, six of his advisers, including Janus Greejatus and Sim Aloo, accompanied him aboard his private shuttle.
- Tarkin (First identified as Emperor's adviser)
- "Bottleneck"—The Rise of the Empire
- A New Dawn
- Star Wars Rebels – "Wolves and a Door"
- Star Wars Rebels – "A World Between Worlds"
- Battlefront: Twilight Company (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi (First appearance)
- Return of the Jedi: Beware the Power of the Dark Side!
- Star Wars: Return of the Jedi junior novelization
- Aftermath: Life Debt
- Aftermath: Empire's End