|Emperor Palpatine's shuttle|
| Production information
| Technical specifications
Emperor Palpatine's shuttle was an extremely well-guarded Lambda-class shuttle.
Palpatine's shuttle was hit at least once in its career with the Emperor inside, in a premature (and inadvertent) shooting by attempted assassin Raygar. Raygar had been attempting to aim at the pod of a couple of Ewoks, Latara and Teebo; Raygar was punished by the Emperor for "high treason" after the incident.
He used the shuttle to reach the second Death Star orbiting over Endor. Upon arrival, it disembarked at Hangar 272, with the Imperials honoring his arrival with air parades outside the station and the personnel, including a large amount of technicians, droids and military personnel standing at attention regarding their leader's arrival. The shuttle was destroyed when the battlestation was destroyed during the Battle of Endor.
Behind the scenesEdit
The Return of the Jedi radio dramatization states that Luke escaped the second Death Star in Palpatine's shuttle. The novel The Rise and Fall of Darth Vader counters this by stating that the escape was made in Vader's shuttle. Starships of the Galaxy states that Palpatine's shuttle was destroyed with the second Death Star, confirming that Luke did not use this ship. In addition, in the film itself, the shuttle in question lacked the gray stripe on its front, further confirming that the shuttle in question was not Palpatine's ship.
- Star Wars: Empire at War
- Star Wars Galaxies: The Ruins of Dantooine
- Star Wars: Ewoks—"Battle for the Sunstar"
- Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi
- Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi novel (First appearance)
- Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi junior novel
- The Star Wars Sourcebook (As "Emperor's personal shuttle")
- Star Wars: The Action Figure Archive
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Death Star II Limited (Card: Emperor's Personal Shuttle)
- Inside the Worlds of Star Wars Trilogy
- Star Wars: Complete Cross-Sections
- Starships of the Galaxy, Saga Edition