- "It does have the other characters in it, but is about 75-80% Leia's POV. It takes place about two years or so after A New Hope."
- ―Martha Wells
Empire and Rebellion: Razor's Edge is a novel written by Martha Wells, which is part of the Star Wars: Empire and Rebellion series. The story takes place before the events in Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back. The novel was set to be released on November 5,[source?] but it was moved up to October 1, before being set as September 24, 2013. The audio version was narrated by January LaVoy. The paperback edition was released on October 28, 2014.
Wells finished the final complete draft of the novel on January 15, 2013 and sent it in to editorial on the eighteenth. Though she had an idea for what the title could be in the end, she did not have one cemented at any time during the writing process. The title was to be chosen by Lucasfilm Ltd., from either her ideas or something someone else came up with.
When Rebels clash with renegades, it's the Empire that may claim the final victory.
Times are desperate for the Rebel Alliance. Harassment by the Empire and a shortage of vital supplies are hindering completion of a new secret base on the ice planet Hoth. So when Mid Rim merchants offer much-needed materials for sale, Princess Leia Organa and Han Solo lead an Alliance delegation to negotiate a deal.
But when treachery forces the rebel ship to flee into territory controlled by pirates, Leia makes a shocking discovery: the fierce marauders come from Leia’s homeworld of Alderaan, recently destroyed by the Death Star. These refugees have turned to pillaging and plundering to survive—and they are in debt to a pirate armada, which will gladly ransom the princess to the vengeful Empire... if they find out her true identity.
Struggling with intense feelings of guilt, loyalty, and betrayal, Leia is determined to help her wayward kinspeople, even as Imperial forces are closing in on her own crippled ship. Trapped between lethal cutthroats and brutal oppressors, Leia and Han, along with Luke, Chewbacca, and a battle-ready crew, must defy death—or embrace it—to keep the rebellion alive.
|Organizations and titles||Sentient species||Vehicles and vessels||Weapons and technology||Miscellanea|
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 New Star Wars books. Star Wars Books (Erich Schoeneweiss) (August 24, 2012, 7:53 am). Retrieved on August 30, 2013.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 The Star Wars Leia Book. Martha Wells Live Journal. Retrieved on August 30, 2013.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1
- ↑ Empire and Rebellion: Razor's Edge's release date. Star Wars Books (May 10, 2013, 7:30 am). Retrieved on August 30, 2013.
- ↑ Empire and Rebellion: Razor's Edge's excerpts. Star Wars Books (August 6, 2013, 5:58 am). Retrieved on August 30, 2013.