Endor was a gas giant located in the Endor system, a binary star system positioned in the Moddell sector of the galaxy's Outer Rim Territories. Located in grid square H-16 on the Standard Galactic Grid, it was connected to Cerea and Bakura by a hyperspace route. The planet was orbited by nine moons, the largest of which was known as the Forest Moon of Endor.
Behind the scenesEdit
Endor was originally created for the 1983 film Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi, where it appeared as a distant orb, labeled "Planet Endor" by special effects storyboards, above its Forest Moon, not large enough to be definitively labeled a planet.
In the earliest drafts of Return of the Jedi, the Forest Moon of Endor, then known as the "green moon," instead orbited the Imperial capital world of Had Abbadon, which would later evolve into Coruscant.
- Lost Stars (First identified as Endor)
- Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi (First appearance)
- "The Levers of Power"—The Rise of the Empire (Appears in hologram)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens Beginner Game
- Journey Through Space
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded
- Star Wars: Aliens of the Galaxy
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia