- "In all of my travels, I've never seen an animal stranger than the Endorian chicken, but it's not without its uses."
- ―Dexter Jettster
Endorian chickens, also known as tip-yip in Ewokese, were a species of birds that lived in the forests of Endor. These domesticated animals were kept by the Ewoks primarily as a source of food, and their meat was considered delicious.
Chickens were a species of non-sentient fowl hailing from Endor, a lush moon orbiting planet Tana. They had two thin legs with three clawed toes and an additional spur-like growth on the back of the foot. They also had puff crests of feathers, short wings and a feathered tail.
The chickens in cultureEdit
The sentient Ewoks, a race of diminutive aliens from Endor, kept these chickens for their meat, which was known offworld to be succulent—according to the Besalisk chef Dexter Jettster. During the final decade of the Galactic Republic, Jettster served the Endorian chicken pot pie and fried Endorian chicken at Dex's Diner, his restaurant located in CoCo Town, Coruscant.
Behind the scenesEdit
The real life fowls that appeared in the 1984 made-for-TV film Caravan of Courage: An Ewok Adventure resembled Polish chickens, which have characteristic bouffant crest of feathers. The Endorian chicken was also mentioned in the Galactic Phrase Book & Travel Guide as a word to say to the native Ewoks.
- (Mentioned only)
- Star Tours: The Adventures Continue (Tokyo only) (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Tiny Death Star (Non-canonical mention) (As rubber chicken)
- Caravan of Courage: An Ewok Adventure
- Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi (First appearance)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 Caravan of Courage: An Ewok Adventure
- ↑ Geonosis and the Outer Rim Worlds
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi
- ↑ 4.0 4.1
- ↑ A Guide to the Star Wars Universe, Second Edition
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Galactic Phrase Book & Travel Guide
- ↑ Chicken breeds—Polish. myPetChicken.com. Retrieved on January 31, 2013.