A force field, sometimes energy field, seemed to be a very broad, general term for any type of field, most commonly artificial, in which matter or energy was manipulated through some type of force.
Artificial force fields tended to be 'projected' from a single device, and thus normally had a certain radius over which their effect gradually weakened to the negligible. Energy from most force fields could usually also be concentrated into a plane, a 'skin' around an object, a beam, or even a single point, though this often required more advanced technology. Force fields could be disrupted through outside interference occasionally, such as with the use of a power gem.
Types of force fieldsEdit
- Deflector shields, artificial fields designed to block matter or energy
- Electromagnetic fields, artificial or natural fields of electromagnetism
- Magnetic seal, a type of electromagnetic field designed to deflect energy and matter
- Electromagnetic pulses, artificial fields that disrupted circuitry
- Pressor field
- Relativistic shields, artificial forces that prevented time distortion
- Shock fields, electrical fields used for security purposes
- Tanglefoot field
- Tractor beams, artificial fields that drew matter inward
- Star Wars: Droids—"Tail of the Roon Comets"
- Star Wars: Agent of the Empire 1: Iron Eclipse, Part 1
- Star Wars: Rebellion 8: The Ahakista Gambit, Part 3
- Star Wars: Rebellion 9: The Ahakista Gambit, Part 4
- Star Wars 34: Thunder in the Stars
- Star Wars 63: The Mind Spider
- Star Wars 76: Artoo-Detoo to the Rescue
- Star Wars: Rebel Assault II: The Hidden Empire