- "KX-series droids are hardened against intrusion. Getting past their programming is a challenge."
- ―Cassian Jeron Andor
KX-series security droids, also referred to as enforcer droids, were a model of security droid manufactured by Arakyd Industries that was in service to the Galactic Empire during the Galactic Civil War. They were present on both Jedha and the Imperial facility on Scarif. K-2SO was an example of this model.
Enforcer droids came equipped with a built in comm package, recharge port, and a computer interface arm that allowed them to connect with standard communication frequencies for areas they were assigned to. The Imperial crest was imprinted on the side of each shoulder. The droids were designed with exaggerated human proportions but with the mobility of a human athlete. They were able to operate a variety or tools and equipment and can carry gear without becoming exhausted.
While the Imperial Senate had prohibited the creation of battle droids, Arakyd was able to use a loophole in the law by marketing the KX-series as "security droids." They were programmed without the standard restriction against harming organic sentient lifeforms.
The KX-series droids were programmed to speak and interact with, but were not as proficient at it as protocol droids were. They could handle a wide range of tasks, including escorting dignitaries, protecting important people and defending Imperial installations. The droids were also programmed to recognize and defer to Imperial Military officers ranked Lieutenant or higher.
- Adventures in Wild Space: The Rescue
- Rebel Rising
- Star Wars: Rogue One—Cassian & K-2SO Special
- Guardians of the Whills
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story novelization
- Star Wars: Rogue One: A Junior Novel
- Star Wars: Rogue One: Secret Mission
- Rogue One, Part I
- Rogue One, Part II
- Rogue One, Part III
- Rogue One, Part IV
- Rogue One, Part V
- Star Wars Battlefront: Rogue One: X-wing VR Mission (Voice only)
- Star Wars: Commander (First appearance)