Eopies were quadruped herbivores native to the planet Tatooine. These tough creatures were acclimated to their homeworld's endless deserts, and as a result were domesticated by the planet's inhabitants. They often worked as transports or beast of burden, though they were often bad-tempered and stubborn, and could break wind if their load was too heavy. Eopies were observed to exhibit flatulence. On some planets, Eopie was served as a delicacy. Power Sliders, a small diner located in a small settlement on the remote world of Abafar, had Eopie stew on its menu.
Behind the scenesEdit
Originally, the role of the Eopie was to be filled by the Kaadu of Naboo. However, due to the evolving story of Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace, which called for the Gungans to be beast-riding soldiers, the Kaadu was transported to Naboo, leading to the creation of the Eopie. An early production painting of the Kaadu hauling a Podracer engine on Tatooine by Doug Chiang was retouched in Adobe Photoshop to create the Eopie.
- Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace (First appearance)
- Star Wars Battlefront II
- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars film
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Deserter"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Sphere of Influence"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Bounty"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "A War on Two Fronts" (Saddle only)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Missing in Action" (Mentioned as food only)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Disappeared, Part II"
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- "Time of Death"—From a Certain Point of View (Appears in flashback(s))
- Smuggler's Run: A Han Solo & Chewbacca Adventure (Mentioned only)
- Aftermath (Mentioned only)
- Phasma (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know, Updated and Expanded