- "The fans who write say they'll never forget 'It's a trap!'. I don't even remember how I said it."
- ―Erik Bauersfeld
Erik Bauersfeld (June 28, 1922 – April 3, 2016) was the voice of Admiral Ackbar and Bib Fortuna in Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi. It only took one hour for Bauersfeld to read Ackbar's lines and thirty minutes for Fortuna's. He also read for the part of Yoda, but lost the role to Frank Oz. He later went on to reprise his role as Ackbar in the computer game Star Wars: X-Wing and Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens.
Born in Brooklyn, New York, Bauersfeld knew at 3 years old that he was destined to work in radio when his father showed him a small crystal radio receiver. He would eventually lead the drama and literature department of Berkeley-based radio station KPFA for 31 years.
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Erik Bauersfeld, Admiral Ackbar Voice Actor in 'Star Wars' Films, Dies at 93. The Hollywood Reporter (2016-04-04). Retrieved on April 10, 2016.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Admiral Ackbar speaks: Erik Bauersfeld a force in 'Star Wars' cosmos. SFGate.com (2011-07-20). Retrieved on June 5, 2013.
- Erik Bauersfeld on Wikipedia
- Admiral Ackbar speaks: Erik Bauersfeld a force in 'Star Wars' cosmos. SFGate.com (2011-07-20).
- Being Admiral Ackbar: Berkeley man reflects on brush with "Star Wars". SFGate.com (2012-02-21).