- "Esoomians are among the best hired muscle in the galaxy, and now that the Imperials are no longer quarantining their planet, they are free to spread out and find work."
- ―Airen Cracken
Esooma was a planet located in the Esooma system, within the Sprizen sector of the galaxy's Outer Rim Territories. It was the homeworld of the sentient Esoomian species, who were considered to be among the best hired muscle in the galaxy. Esooma was quarantined by the Galactic Empire, preventing the Esoomians from leaving their homeworld, up until around the year 7 ABY, after which they were free to depart and find work. An Esoomian known as Tantor first left Esooma when he was hired as an enforcer for a pirate ship.
Behind the scenesEdit
Esooma was originally created for Wanted by Cracken, a Star Wars Legends supplement written by Louis J. Prosperi for Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game and released on June 1, 1993. The Essential Atlas, a reference book written by Jason Fry and Daniel Wallace and released on August 18, 2009, placed the Esooma system, and therefore Esooma itself, in grid square N-5.
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 Esooma system —Based on corresponding data for
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 Wanted by Cracken
- ↑ Wanted by Cracken dates itself to three years after the Battle of Endor. As The Essential Reader's Companion dates the events of Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi, including the Battle of Endor, to 4 ABY, it can be assumed that Wanted by Cracken takes place in 7 ABY.
- ↑ Galaxy Guide 10: Bounty Hunters
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 The Essential Atlas