The Eta-2 Actis-class light interceptor, also known as the Jedi starfighter or Jedi interceptor, was a starfighter used by the Jedi during the Clone Wars. Designed to replace the Delta-7 Aethersprite-class light interceptor, the Eta-2 was a smaller vessel but possessed superior firepower. In 19 BBY two Jedi Knights, Obi-Wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker, piloted the Eta-2 during the Battle of Coruscant.
Measuring 5.47 meters in length, the Eta-2 was a highly maneuverable combat-oriented starfighter utilized by the Jedi Order to lead troops in battle during the final days of the Clone Wars. As with earlier Jedi starfighters, the ship lacked a hyperdrive and relied on an external hyperspace transport ring to reach hyperspace. Despite this, it was faster than its Aethersprite predecessor, with twin ion engines providing a maximum acceleration of 5,200G and a max speed of 1,500 kph. The Eta-2 featured wings with upper and lower radiator panels, S-foils, that were opened to shed excess heat from the ship's engines. The radiator wings were primarily opened during intense combat.
The ship was piloted by a single pilot, with the assistance of a single externally mounted astromech droid for navigation and repair assistance. For defense, the ship featured two laser cannons and two ion cannons. Unlike laser cannons, the ship's ion cannons fired bursts of plasma that caused temporary electrical disruptions to their target upon impact.
The ship saw extensive use during the latter end of the Clone Wars by the Jedi Order.
- Star Wars Journeys: Beginnings (as Eta-2 Actis interceptor)
- Star Wars Battlefront II
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Sabotage"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Rise of Clovis" (Prototype model)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Voices"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Destiny"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Sacrifice"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Bad Batch"
- Dark Disciple
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith (First appearance)
- Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith 2: The Chosen One, Part II
- Lords of the Sith
- "The fake Jedi"—Star Wars Rebels Magazine 3 (Appears in flashback(s))
- Star Wars 12: Showdown on the Smuggler's Moon, Part V
- (as "Jedi starfighter")
- (as "Jedi starfighter")
- Ultimate Star Wars (First identified as Eta-2 Actis-class light interceptor)
- Star Wars: Ships of the Galaxy (First identified as Jedi interceptor)
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- Star Wars Rebels: Visual Guide: Epic Battles
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: On the Front Lines
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ Star Wars Rebels: Visual Guide: Epic Battles
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 3.6 3.7 3.8 Star Wars Journeys: Beginnings
- ↑ Star Wars Super Graphic: A Visual Guide to a Galaxy Far, Far Away
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 5.4 5.5 5.6 Star Wars: Ships of the Galaxy
- ↑ Lords of the Sith
- ↑ Tarkin