The evacuation of D'Qar by the Resistance took place in 34 ABY, in the days that followed the assault on Starkiller Base during their war with the First Order. Having destroyed the First Order's superweapon, Starkiller Base, the Resistance feared reprisal attacks now that their position had been revealed. Therefore, they were forced to abandon their base on D'Qar in order to find a new base of operations.
- "…the Resistance must be destroyed before they get to Skywalker."
"We have their location. We tracked their reconnaissance ship to the Ileenium system."
"Good. Then we will crush them once and for all. Prepare the weapon."
- ―Supreme Leader Snoke and General Armitage Hux
In 34 ABY, the First Order superweapon known as Starkiller Base destroyed Hosnian Prime, capital planet of the New Republic, and the other worlds of the Hosnian system. The Resistance, led by General Leia Organa, sent a reconnaissance team to discover the location of the superweapon and report back to the Resistance at their base on D'Qar. The First Order tracked the reconnaissance ships back to D'Qar, thus discovering the location of their enemy forces. On the orders of Supreme Leader Snoke, who wanted to prevent the Resistance from finding Jedi Master Luke Skywalker and enlisting him in their fight against the First Order, General Armitage Hux prepared the weapon to destroy the Resistance. Without the New Republic Starfleet, however, the Resistance seemed doomed to destruction.
Before the First Order could unleash the weapon, the Resistance sent a small strike force—ex-General Han Solo, his first mate Chewbacca, and former stormtrooper and Starkiller Base worker Finn—to Starkiller Base to disable the shields preventing the destruction of the base. Meanwhile, Commander Poe Dameron led a starfighter force to Starkiller Base to destroy it. The ground forces succeeded, though Solo was killed in battle, and the Resistance fighters destroyed the base.
The Resistance fighters returned to D'Qar, celebrated their victory, and prepared a mission to discover Skywalker's whereabouts. The First Order, while reeling from the destruction of their weapon, still nonetheless had the location of the Resistance base.
Behind the scenesEdit
The first footage of the battle of was shown in the Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi teaser trailer on April 14, 2017. The evacuation of D'Qar was first referenced as part of the story of Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi, set for release on December 15, 2017, at San Diego Comic-Con 2017.
- (First identified as Evacuation of D'Qar)
- Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Indirect mention only)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ Captain Phasma, Part I
- ↑ 2.00 2.01 2.02 2.03 2.04 2.05 2.06 2.07 2.08 2.09 2.10 2.11 2.12 2.13 2.14 2.15 2.16 2.17
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Star Wars: Galactic Atlas places the events of Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens in 34 ABY. Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi takes place immediately after the end of The Force Awakens.
- ↑ Star Wars: The Last Jedi Chinese Exclusive Trailer
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 6.3 Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens