Following the Battle of Yavin, in which the Galactic Empire learned that the Alliance to Restore the Republic was headquartered in the Great Temple of Massassi on Yavin 4, the Rebellion evacuated the Great Temple in order to find a new base of operations. All Rebel fleets arrived at Yavin 4 in order to assist with the evacuation, and General Jan Dodonna began working to find a new planet to settle on.
In their haste, however, the Rebels neglected to destroy some of their data centers completely. Suspecting that the Imperials might be on their way to retrieve the secrets of the Alliance, Colonel Jennica Pierce ordered her Tatooinian agent to return to Yavin 4 and destroy the data before it fell in the Empire's hands. When the agent and his partner Saponza arrived at the former Rebel site, the Empire was already there, having massed forces and set up operations all over the moon. Despite the sheer number of Imperial troops opposing them, the Rebel operatives managed to destroy the data centers in time.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Princess Leia, Part I (First appearance)
- Smuggler's Run: A Han Solo & Chewbacca Adventure
- Doctor Aphra 3: Book I, Part III (Mentioned only)
- Doctor Aphra 4: Book I, Part IV (Indirect mention only)
- Star Wars: Commander (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back (First mentioned, in the opening crawl)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 Princess Leia, Part I
- ↑ Star Wars: Princess Leia takes place immediately following the Battle of Yavin. We know from author notes that Heir to the Jedi, in which the cited event takes place, is set before the Marvel Comics series Star Wars, which takes place after Princess Leia. As such, we can deduce that the next known event after the evacuation is the cited event.
- ↑ Smuggler's Run: A Han Solo & Chewbacca Adventure
- ↑ Star Wars: Commander
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back
- ↑ Lost Stars