- "Take evasive action! Green Group, stick close to Holding Sector MG-7!"
- ―Admiral Ackbar at the Battle of Endor
Evasive action was a catch-all term that was used throughout space warfare, particularly in starfighter combat. When ordered to take evasive action, a ship would do all it could to evade enemy fire. This was accomplished in a variety of ways: a starfighter might wildly maneuver in order to spoil the aim of attacking enemy craft; a capital ship could either maneuver in a way that had the same effect, or more simply change its positioning in order to present stronger shields toward incoming fire.
- Han Solo at Stars' End (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi
- Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi novel
- Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi junior novel
Basic fighter maneuvers on Wikipedia