Usurpation of EvocarEdit
- "The Evocii sold us this world for trinkets. Now they take up arms against their rightful masters. It's disgusting."
- ―Suudaa Nem'ro
When the Hutts arrived at Evocar from their homeworld Varl around 15,000 BBY, the Evocii were amazed by the wonderful technologies that the slug-like aliens brought with them. Soon, they began trading pieces of their homeworld in exchange for the technology the Hutts brought with them, until they realized that the Hutts owned almost their entire planet. Hutt palaces and other constructions were built all over Evocar, and the Evocii became powerless to stop further expansion.
They appealed to the Galactic Republic, though the laws of the Republic then ruled in favor of the Hutts. Many Evocii were evicted from Evocar by the Hutts and relocated to the planet's fifth moon, which would later be known as Nar Shaddaa, "The Smuggler's Moon". Evocar was then renamed Nal Hutta. The Hutts destroyed the remaining Evocii architecture and began to enslave most of the remaining natives. In the days of the Old Republic, on Nal Hutta, the few remaining Evocii not enslaved in the cities banded together into rebel tribes to harass the Hutts and their interests. A leader of one such rebel group was Huttsbane, known as a great warrior and feared by many Hutts. Ultimately, they were defeated and exterminated. The Hutts then used the Evocii on Nar Shaddaa as slave subjects as well, to build the spaceports and cities of Nal Hutta.
Refuge on Nar ShaddaaEdit
- "Finally had enough of this dump, eh? Where to, chief?"
«I don't care. Someplace far away from the Hutts and their decadence.»
"Not picky, I see. You Evocii have lost, what, two homes to the Hutts now?"
"Ouch. But hey, third time's a charm, right?"
- ―A pilot picks up an Evocii refugee on Nar Shaddaa
When Nal Hutta's cities were complete, the on-world Evocii were moved to assist the Evocii on Nar Shaddaa. By the time the moon's cities were complete, most of the Evocii had died off from long periods of exposure to the harsh atmosphere, and the surviving few took refuge in the lower levels of Nar Shaddaa, causing mutation to begin.
As an inevitable result of generations of inbreeding and mutation on Nar Shaddaa, the Evocii devolved into pallid, sickly humanoids with heightened susceptibility to mind manipulation by Force-users. Many sentients, including the Hutts, incorrectly believed the Evocii to be extinct.
In 26 ABY, when the Yuuzhan Vong reduced Nar Shaddaa into rubble in a brutal orbital bombardment and subsequently sent different types of bacteria to the undercity to kill all remaining inhabitants, the Evocii presumably met their true extinction.
- (First appearance)
- The Old Republic: Fatal Alliance
- Star Wars: The Old Republic
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Rise of the Hutt Cartel (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Shadow of Revan
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Knights of the Fallen Empire (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Empire at War (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Empire at War: Forces of Corruption (Mentioned only)
- Boba Fett: Twin Engines of Destruction (Mentioned only)
- The New Jedi Order: Agents of Chaos II: Jedi Eclipse (Mentioned only)
- Dark Empire 3: The Battle for Calamari (Indirect mention only)
- Dark Empire Sourcebook (First mentioned)
- Galaxy Guide 11: Criminal Organizations
- The Essential Guide to Characters (As Evocaii)
- Tempest Feud
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 90 (HUT1-2, Hutt Space - Nal Hutta and Nar Shaddaa)
- Star Wars: Empire at War: Forces of Corruption: Prima Official Game Guide
- Star Wars Roleplaying Game Saga Edition Core Rulebook
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The Essential Atlas
- Star Wars: The Old Republic Explorer's Guide
- Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ Star Wars: The Old Republic—Mission: [Heroic] "Factory Recall" on Hutta
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Star Wars: The Old Republic—Hutta
- ↑ Star Wars: The Old Republic—Republic Mission: "Chemical Agent" on Nar Shaddaa
- ↑ Star Wars: The Old Republic—Bounty Hunter Mission: "Big Chief" on Hutta
- ↑ Star Wars: The Old Republic—Republic Mission: "Shore Leave" on Nar Shaddaa
- ↑ Star Wars: The Old Republic—Mission: "A Slight Lean" on Hutta
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 The Essential Atlas
- ↑ Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
- ↑ The New Jedi Order: Agents of Chaos II: Jedi Eclipse