According to the Rebel Alliance's intelligence agency, more than a dozen Super Star Destroyers were made, including the Executor itself, the Annihilator, the Arbitrator, the Eclipse, and the Ravager. However, the true number remained a subject of debate, as Alliance analysts endeavored to make sense of Imperial propaganda and see through the black budgets designed to hide the scope of the Emperor Palpatine's secret weapons programs. Darth Vader's flagship saw action at the Battle of Hoth and the Escape from Cloud City before being destroyed at the Battle of Endor in 4 ABY.
In the months after the events of Endor, the New Republic, the successor government to the Alliance, destroyed five Super Star Destroyers and captured three of the ships. The only known Super Star Destroyer, and so the only known Executor-class, to remain in Imperial hands was Grand Admiral Rae Sloane's flagship Ravager, which also served as the base for Fleet Admiral Gallius Rax. In 5 ABY, Sloane discovered evidence that the Emperor's command ship, the Super Star Destroyer Eclipse, had not been destroyed but had vanished from the official records.
Following Sloane's disappearance during the attack on Chandrila, Fleet Admiral Rax formally took command of the Ravager as Counselor to the Empire. The Ravager then rendezvoused with a large Imperial armada on the barren planet of Jakku for a showdown with the New Republic. The Ravager was shot down during the Battle of Jakku and crash-landed on the desert planet.
- Ultimate Star Wars (First identified as Executor-class Star Dreadnought)
- Star Wars: Ships of the Galaxy
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- Star Wars: Rey's Survival Guide
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas
- Backstories: Star Wars – Darth Vader: Sith Lord
- Star Wars: On the Front Lines
- ; image #3
- ; image #11 (of 16)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Ultimate Star Wars
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Star Wars: Complete Locations
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3
- ↑ Darth Vader 2: Vader, Part II
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 7.3 7.4 Aftermath: Life Debt
- ↑ Aftermath: Empire's End
- ↑ 9.0 9.1
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi