The Expansionist Era, (also known as the Expansion Era,[source?] the Expansion Period,  and the Galactic Expansion Era.), was the term given to the years after the Galactic Republic formed, when transit between the Core Worlds was opened up by the newly-developed hyperdrive, and during the early expansion of the Republic.[source?] The Unification Wars were fought in this era. Also, the Tion Hegemony, at this time, was a proud civilization, and most of the worlds of the Allied Tion Sector were settled. Nouane was an isolated—yet known—world surrounded by unexplored space during this time. The Gilagimar was a cruiser-sized warship of this time, and one of the most famous.  The Vinth Conflict may have occurred during this era, since it was said that this conflict occurred during the early years of the Galctic Republic.  The Myneyrsh–Psadan wars and the Wayland colonial war were fought on Wayland during this era, as well. 
Timeline of the Expansionist Era
The emergence of the Republic
- 25,053 BBY
- The Rakatan hyperdrive is adapted, manufactured, and widely distributed by the Corellians. It was also independently developed by the Duros and the Tionese.
- The Unification Wars continue.
- The Galactic Republic is founded in the Core Worlds, upon the signing of the Galactic Constitution, (and presumably along with the Coruscant Accords).
- The Core Founders included (amongst others):
- Coruscant, which becomes the Republic's capital
- Alderaan - a peaceful civilization in harmony with nature and one of the anchor-points for early hyperspace exploration
- Alsakan—an ecumenopolis
- Anaxes - one of the founders of the Azure Imperium, along with Axum
- Axum—the throneworld of the Azure Imperium, though not as prestigious as Anaxes
- Caamas—Some legends claimed the early Jedi learned morality from the Caamasi.
- Duro—Under the leadership of Queen Rana Mas Trehalt
- Humbarine—an ecumenopolis
- Kaikielius - The governor, Tyler Sapius Praji, was one of the signers of the Galactic Constitution.
- Kuat—The Kuat family, the most powerful of the Ten families of Kuat, are one of the original founders
- Tepasi—The House of Tagge was a family of wealthy Human nobles centralized on Tepasi, whose progenitor (Unlos Tagge?) is said to have been one of the original founders.
- The Galactic Senate, the General Ministry, the Supreme Court, Regional Courts, the Senate Library, and the Founder's Day Allegiance are also established.
- Old Galactic Standard becomes the official language.
- The Galactic Credit Standard becomes the official currency.
- Adamastor is discovered around this time.
- c. 25,000 BBY
- The Corellian Run, the Corellian Trade Spine, the Perlemian Trade Route, and the Koros Trunk Line are founded.
- A Duros colony is established on Neimoidia by Chla C'cHaan.
- A Ssi-ruuvi experimental hyperdrive vessel crashes on Garos IV.
- The Jedi Knights are discovered on Ossus by Republic scouts.
- Reda Jalooz, a female student of the Force, steals the dark powered Kashi Mer talisman from the Kashi Mer Dynasty monarchy of Kashi. She later returns to Kashi to plead for forgiveness for her wrongdoing, though without the talisman. However, she, along with everyone on the planet, dies when the sun goes supernova. 
- Sar Agorn, Nuck Lyu and Cope Shykrill were Jedi around this time.
- Domesticated riding animals called Trith prancers began being gradually genetically-engineered since around this time.
- Sometime between 25,000 and 24,000 BBY, a Republic scout visited the Makem system while mapping the Perlemian Trade Route. See Swokes Swokes#History
- c. 24,953 BBY
- According to Master Gnost-Dural, it was around this time that the Jedi pledged their allegiance to the Republic.
The First Great Schism in the Jedi Order & The Devouring
- c. 24,500 BBY
- A Kashi Mer Jedi Knight named Xendor begins using Bogan, (i.e., the dark side of the Force), to reinforce his Jar'Kai techniques in combat, causing him to be exiled by the Jedi Order.
- After being banished from the Jedi Order, Xendor founds the Legions of Lettow, a group of other darksiders. Since Xendor is the supreme general and the leader of the Legions, this group acquires the informal nickname, "the Minions of Xendor."
- A war between the Jedi and the Legions of Lettow begins called the First Great Schism. (This war may have been part of the Unification Wars.)
- Before the war's end, Xendor is slain. He is succeeded by his lover and Teräs Käsi master, Arden Lyn
- Arden Lyn kills Jedi Master Awdrysta Pina. However, before dying, Awdrysta uses morichro to stop Arden's heart, inducing her to a mystic sleep until the Galactic Civil War.
- Jedi Padawan Danzigorro Potts, and Dark Jedis Blendri, Cuthallox, and Jook-jook H'broozin were also involved in the First Great Schism at the Battle of Columus.
- The Jedi are ultimately victorious in the war.
- The Devouring takes place around this time, as well.
The Tionese War
- c. 24,000 BBY
- Most worlds in the Colonies section of "the Slice" are colonized by this time.
- Hosk Station, an Esseles-class Space Station built by the Alderaan Royal Engineers, is constructed on the surface of Kalarba's largest moon. Its location is chosen because of its close proximity to the Colonies, at the innermost border of the Mid Rim on the Corellian Run, and because of its low gravity, which is useful for capital ships coming in to dock. The Kalarba system's asteroid belts also provide a convenient supply of metals and ores. The station's close proximity to several wealthy systems allows it to become an important trading center.
- While traveling the Perlemian Trade Route, Human traders from the Core make contact with the Tionese. Tionese pirate fleets follow them back down the Perlemian and discover that the worlds of the Republic are wealthy but not prepared for war.
- Haashimut and Falang Minor are colonized by the Republic as fortress worlds from which the Jedi can keep a watchful eye on the hostile Tion Cluster.
- The Tionese War is fought between the Galactic Republic and the Honorable Union of Desevro & Tion. (This war may have been part of the Unification Wars.)
- Two known battles of the Tionese War occur at both Coruscant and Desevro. Pressure bombs are used by both sides.
- c. 23,900 BBY
The latter part of the Expansionist Era
- c. 22,000 BBY
- Champala, Chazwa, Uviuy Exen, and Vurdon Ka have joined the Republic by this time.
- Nubia is colonized by Humans after discovering large subterranean aquifers below the planet's surface. Installing massive pumps to bring water to the surface, they create an instantly habitable world. This soon encourages colonists to settle there, and in just a few decades Nubia becomes an agricultural powerhouse.
- Aquilae and Fadden are colonized by the Duros.
- Ailon, Allanteen Six, Byblos, Commenor, Denon, Devaron, Exodeen, Koros Minor and Lettow join the Republic.
- Before 20,000 BBY
- The Shrines of Kooroo are built, (possibly even before the founding of the Republic).
- 20,000 BBY
- The Metellos Trade Route is created by the Metellos, resulting in minor trade with Coruscant, but significantly greater trade with Orooturoo.
- The Etti flee persecution in the Core and eventually settle on Etti IV.
- Rendili StarDrive is founded.
- Drall joins the Republic.
- Roni von Wasaki is born. (ambiguously canon)
- Leshy Drobo is a bounty hunter. (ambiguously canon)
- Gammid is a member of Leshy Drobo's crew. (ambiguously canon)
- XT labor droid is produced. (ambiguously canon)
- The Expansionist Era ends, and the Galactic Republic's Great Manifest Period begins.
- Han Solo and the Lost Legacy (Mentioned only)
- Dark Empire Sourcebook
- Galaxy Guide 2: Yavin and Bespin, Second Edition (As Galactic Expansion Era)
- "Relic"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 6
- Episode I Insider's Guide
- University of Sanbra Guide to Intelligent Life: The Duros"—Star Wars Gamer 2 "
- The New Essential Chronology
- Jedi vs. Sith: The Essential Guide to the Force
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
Notes and references
- ↑ Dark Empire Sourcebook, p. 91
- ↑ The Essential Atlas,page 119
- ↑ Galaxy Guide 2: Yavin and Bespin, Second Edition, p. 4.
- ↑ The Essential Atlas
- ↑ The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Volume I, p. 340
- ↑ Dark Empire Sourcebook, p. 91
- ↑ University of Sanbra Guide to Intelligent Life: The Duros
- ↑ The Last Command Sourcebook
- ↑ The Thrawn Trilogy Sourcebook
- ↑ "Relic"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 6
- ↑ The Essential Atlas, p. 68