The Eye of Zallow was a monument created by the Jedi Order to adorn the main room of the Jedi Temple on the planet Tython. A massive holocron-like artifact, the Eye was named in honor of the fallen Jedi Master Ven Zallow, though it was damaged during the Assault on Tython around 3638 BBY.
A massive dodecahedron similar in style to a holocron, the Eye of Zallow was suspended over a repulsorlift pad in the Jedi Temple on the planet Tython, and was orbited by two smaller holocron-shaped objects that slowly moved around the central mass.
The Eye was constructed sometime during the Temple's construction between 3650-3647 BBY, and was named after the fallen Jedi Master Ven Zallow, who had died in the Sacking of Coruscant in 3653 BBY that ended the Great Galactic War between the Galactic Republic and the Sith Empire. When the Sith Empire attacked Tython around 3638 BBY, the Jedi Temple came under assault, and during the chaos the Eye of Zallow's repulsorlift was damaged, sending the Eye crashing to the floor.
Behind the scenesEdit
The Eye of Zallow first appeared in Star Wars: The Old Republic, a video game released by BioWare and LucasArts in 2011. It was given a name in the 2012 reference guide Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia. The Tactical Flashpoint: Assault on Tython, added in Game Update 2.7 in April 2014, saw the Eye of Zallow damaged in the attack on the Jedi Temple.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (First appearance)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 The Journal of Master Gnost-Dural establishes that Tython was first rediscovered and resettled in 3651 BBY, and the Codex entry for the Jedi Temple states that the Temple was constructed over the course of three years, starting a year after the first settlement on the planet. Combining these sources, the Temple's construction begins at its earliest in 3650 BBY and ends around 3647 BBY.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Using information from the novel The Old Republic: Annihilation and Star Wars: The Old Republic: Knights of the Fallen Empire, the events of Game Updates 2.0 through 3.3 for Star Wars: The Old Republic can be placed in the time period between 3640 BBY and 3637 BBY. According to The Old Republic lead designer Charles Boyd (screenshot), the game's events can be assumed to occur in a timeline matching that of their real-time release. Therefore, the events of Game Update 2.7: Invasion can be placed in approximately 3638 BBY.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 Star Wars: The Old Republic—[TACTICAL] Flashpoint: "Assault on Tython"