The FA-4 was a pilot droid model with a thin, spindly frame mounted on a wheeled unit. They had ball heads, and at over two meters in height were tall enough to pilot many starships, including Punworcca 116-class interstellar sloops.
FA-4 droids were utilized in the last decades of the Galactic Republic, and during the Clone Wars. The Sith Lord Count Dooku, head of the Confederacy of Independent Systems, owned at least two FA-4 pilot droids, which he used onboard his Punworcca 116-class interstellar sloop solar sailer. One droid piloted the Sith from the planet Geonosis to the planet Coruscant after the Separatists' defeat during the Battle of Geonosis. This droid was destroy when Dooku crashed onto the planet Vanqor. The pirate Hondo Ohnaka later held the droid's face plate. At some point afterwards Dooku would acquire another of this droid.
- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars film
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Dooku Captured"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Monster"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Witches of the Mist"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Escape from Kadavo"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Crisis at the Heart"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Lost One"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Sacrifice"
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- Ultimate Star Wars (First identified as FA-4 pilot droid)
- Star Wars: Ships of the Galaxy
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- Star Wars Encyclopedia of Starfighters and Other Vehicles