The FC-1 fired a spray of metal flechettes that were effective at close range against soft targets. The weapon featured four canister tubes, each able to hold a single canister, with two reserve tubes. The FC-1 was capable of holding either antipersonnel canisters or eleven-centimeter-long antivehicle missiles with enough strength to rip through ten centimeters of durasteel. The flechette launcher had a secondary firing mode in which it fired two proximity grenades. It had an optimum range of 100 meters and a maximum range of 250 meters. Kyle Katarn used the FC-1 extensively in his career.
Behind the scenesEdit
The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia identifies this weapon as the FC11 flechette launcher.
- Han Solo's Revenge (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Battlefront II
- Star Wars: Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast
- Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy
- Han Solo and the Corporate Sector Sourcebook (First identified as FC-1 flechette launcher)
- The Essential Guide to Weapons and Technology
- Arms & Equipment Guide
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 14 (SPE1, Manufacturers of Specialist Weapons)
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The Force Unleashed Campaign Guide
- Rebellion Era Campaign Guide