|Chronological and political information|
Originally programmed by Ephant Mon and Bron to kill Ki-Adi-Mundi, Ki was able to disable him and escape. However, later when a crew was needed for Ki's personal starship, droids on Cerea were few and far between. The Republic agents outfitting him recovered FLTCH from the Outsider Citadel and reprogrammed him as a pilot. FLTCH accompanied Ki on at least one mission, a rescue mission to Tatooine. There he served not only as his pilot, but his bodyguard.
R-1 was outfitted with sharp claws on his hands, a wrist mounted blaster, and a rocket launcher.
- Star Wars: Republic 3: Prelude to Rebellion, Part 3 (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Republic 4: Prelude to Rebellion, Part 4
- Star Wars: Republic 5: Prelude to Rebellion, Part 5
- Star Wars: Republic 6: Prelude to Rebellion, Part 6
- Star Wars: Republic 8: Outlander, Part 2