Originally programmed by Ephant Mon and Bron to kill Ki-Adi-Mundi, Ki was able to disable him and escape. However, later when a crew was needed for Ki's personal starship, droids on Cerea were few and far between. The Republic agents outfitting him recovered FLTCH from the Outsider Citadel and reprogrammed him as a pilot. FLTCH accompanied Ki on at least one mission, a rescue mission to Tatooine. There he served not only as his pilot, but his bodyguard.
- Star Wars 3: Prelude to Rebellion, Part 3 (First appearance)
- Star Wars 4: Prelude to Rebellion, Part 4
- Star Wars 5: Prelude to Rebellion, Part 5
- Star Wars 6: Prelude to Rebellion, Part 6
- Star Wars 8: Outlander, Part 2