- "FN-2003 must stand or fall on his own. If he stands, the Order is strengthened. If he falls, the Order is spared his weakness."
- ―Captain Phasma
FN-2003, nicknamed "Slip," was a First Order Stormtrooper who served in the decades following the Galactic Civil War. He served under FN-2187 and was considered the weakest link of their group, and a potential liability to the success of the First Order. Approximately thirty years after the Battle of Endor, Slip was killed during an assault on the village Tuanul on Jakku.
FN-2003 was a stormtrooper who served in the First Order in the decades after the Galactic Civil War. He frequently fell behind the rest of his team, led by FN-2187, during their training simulations, leading to his nickname of "Slip." FN-2187 often had to rescue Slip in those simulations, including in one where the team assaulted a New Republic bunker with the objective of destroying a heavy repeating blaster. Slip was reprimanded by Captain Phasma after the simulation ended, and Phasma further ordered FN-2187 to stop rescuing Slip. As Phasma explained, Slip was the weakest link and helping him would weaken the First Order. During a strike at Pressy's Tumble, Slip redeemed himself in Phasma's eyes by executing an Abednedo negotiator.
During a First Order raid on a sacred village on the planet Jakku, Slip was hit by blaster fire from Poe Dameron. FN-2187 went to help his squadmate, but FN-2003's wound proved fatal, Slip wiping his bloody hand on FN-2187's helmet before dying. His sudden and violent death contributed to FN-2187's decision to escape from First Order service.
Behind the scenesEdit
FN-2003 first appeared in the 2015 film Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens. He was not named in the film itself, only in the novel Before the Awakening, written by Greg Rucka and released the same day as the movie. FN-2003's appearance in The Force Awakens was confirmed in the Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary. He was portrayed by Pip Andersen in the film, listed in the end credits as "Lead Stormtrooper".
In the film, FN-2003 was killed by blaster fire from Poe Dameron. In the novelization, he was killed by blaster fire from one of the villagers.
- Before the Awakening (First identified as FN-2003)
- Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens novelization
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: A Junior Novel
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens Graphic Novel Adaptation
- The Force Awakens, Part I (Mentioned only)
- The Force Awakens: Finn's Story
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens
- ↑ In the 2016 reference book Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded, it is stated that the stormtroopers of the First Order were all humans.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 4.5 4.6 4.7 Before the Awakening