FN-9330 was a human male who served as a stormtrooper in the First Order during their conflict with the Resistance. During the Battle of Starkiller Base, FN-9330 was stationed at the base. As the stormtrooper boarded the transport compartment, the door opened, and Han Solo, Finn, and Chewbacca appeared. He had just enough time to exclaim his surprise before being shot point-blank with the Wookiee's bowcaster, blasting the trooper a foot backwards and killing him. Chewbacca then moved him out of sight to avoid detection at the base.
Behind the scenesEdit
- "And now we meet this stormtrooper, played by my friend Nigel Godrich. He's er, the producer of Radio Head, and he was an excellent stormtrooper for point four seconds."
- ―Director J.J. Abrams points out FN-9330 in his director's commentary of the Force Awakens
FN-9330 was played by Nigel Godrich in the film Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens, which was released in 2015. Godrich, a well-known record producer, landed the role with the help of British filmmaker Edgar Wright (friend and frequent collaborator of Simon Pegg). The specific stormtrooper he played was discovered when Matthew Wood posted the credits for every small voiceover line in the film.
- Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens novelization
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ Star Wars: Galactic Atlas
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 In the 2016 reference book Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded, it is stated that the stormtroopers of the First Order were all humans.
- ↑ Before the Awakening establishes that First Order stormtroopers with "FN" in their designation, including FN-9330, are a part of the FN Corps.
- ↑ Radiohead producer Nigel Godrich plays a Stormtrooper in 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens'., NME
- ↑ From "Blast That X-wing!" to "Traitor!": The Voices of Star Wars: The Force Awakens., StarWars.com