Thin, narrow girth
The faa, or faynaa as they were known to the Gungans, were fast-moving, non-sentient predatory scalefish native to the oceans and swamps of the Mid Rim planet Naboo. They were considered quite dangerous and would attack virtually anything with little provocation.
Faa or faynaa, were fast-moving, carnivorous scalefish that were native to the Mid Rim planet Naboo’s oceans and swamps. Attacking without little provocation, faa were considered quite dangerous. The typical faa had a tall, narrow body, red to orange in color, that was stiff and well-armored, plus a large orange and white tail fin that it could flap to move through the water column. Their thin frames allowed the faa to inhabit thin crevices in the underwater rocks, from which they could catch prey that hid in the crags. While they traveled in schools and could usually be found only in deep waters, faa were especially prominent around the Gungan city of Otoh Gunga, likely attracted by its bright lights. Out in the swamps, however, a school of faa could be extremely dangerous for unwitting creatures. 
Faa were present in the waters of the planet Naboo as of at least 32 BBY, as Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn, his Padawan Obi-Wan Kenobi, and Gungan Jar Jar Binks swam to the underwater Gungan city of Otoh Gunga to meet with representatives.
Behind the scenesEdit
The faa, along with other musically-related scalefish, such as the doo, laa, mee, ray, see, and tee, made various appearances in the 1999 prequel trilogy film Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace and surrounding materials such as Sea Creatures Battle Bags, where it was previously known as a "skittle sea creature", and Star Wars Episode I: The Gungan Frontier. They were soon after mentioned in material regarding aquatic life on Naboo in the 2001 Terryl Whitlatch illustrated book The Wildlife of Star Wars: A Field Guide, and appeared in content in Star Wars Galaxies and in the 2004 issue of Star Wars: Republic 69: The Dreadnaughts of Rendili, Part 1.
- Episode I Adventures 10: Festival of Warriors
- Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace (First appearance)
- Star Wars Episode I: The Gungan Frontier
- Star Wars: Republic 69: The Dreadnaughts of Rendili, Part 1
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided
- Episode I: The Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars: Episode I Insider's Guide
- Star Wars Chronicles: The Prequels
- The Wildlife of Star Wars: A Field Guide
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. I, p. 250–251 ("faa (faynaa)")
- The Phantom Menace Expanded Visual Dictionary