The Fall of the Old Republic described a long period of time in which the Old Republic, the reigning galactic government of the era, slowly declined in its power. Eventually, when the Old Republic had all but collapsed, the galaxy entered a period known as the Dark Age, which ended in what was believed to be the final defeat of the Sith and the reorganization of the Republic.
Sometime after the Jedi Order had begun its conflict against the Mandalorians, the Old Republic continued to fend off the onslaught of the Sith, who slowly began gaining the upper hand. After thousands of years of constant warfare, the Sith would seize control of the galaxy for a period of time.
Eventually, both the Jedi and the remnants of the fallen Old Republic managed to reorganize their forces and fight back against the Sith during a period known as the "Dark Age". The Republic would emerge victorious from the war, managing to recapture Coruscant from the Sith who occupied the capital. The Dark Age ended with the Sith Order's defeat, with all but one Dark Lord dead. After 1019 BBY the crumbled Old Republic, now having brought peace to the galaxy, reorganized itself, resulting in the establishment of the Galactic Republic.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Mandalore Plot" (First mentioned)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Citadel Rescue" (Mentioned only)
- Tarkin (Indirect mention only)
- Star Wars Rebels – "Trials of the Darksaber" (First appearance) (Appears in flashback(s))
- Aftermath (Indirect mention only)
- Star Wars Propaganda: A History of Persuasive Art in the Galaxy (First identified as Dark age)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Mandalore Plot"
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Star Wars Rebels – "Trials of the Darksaber"
- ↑ 3.00 3.01 3.02 3.03 3.04 3.05 3.06 3.07 3.08 3.09 3.10 Star Wars Propaganda: A History of Persuasive Art in the Galaxy
- ↑ Guardians of the Whills
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Star Wars: Complete Locations
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Sacrifice"