|Fan-eared bounty hunter|
|Chronological and political information|
- "Jabba figures his loss as equal to what you owed him before...with interest. You're marked Solo, and I'm not the best who'll come after you...only the first!"
- ―Fan-eared bounty hunter
The fan-eared bounty hunter was a male alien of an unidentified species. He had scaly green skin, sharp fingernails, clawed feet, and fan-like fins for ears. He worked for Jabba the Hutt as an assassin.
The fan-eared bounty hunter tried to collect a bounty on Han Solo, even though Solo thought his name was cleared. Solo blasted the bounty hunter, but before he died, the bounty hunter revealed that Jabba the Hutt had placed a new price on Solo's head. The incident prompted Solo to seek refuge with the rebels.
Behind the scenesEdit
At the end of Star Wars 37: In Mortal Combat, Han Solo is attacked by this bounty hunter, who claims that that the bounty on Solo placed by Jabba the Hutt is still in effect, despite Jabba removing the bounty in Star Wars 28: What Ever Happened to Jabba the Hut?. This event was written by Archie Goodwin to account for the upcoming film, Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back, in which the bounty on Solo is still in place, something that Marvel Comics had not accounted for. Thus, the attack of this bounty hunter was created as a way to inform Solo in the comics that the bounty was still on his head. When Marvel began adapting the film to comics, starting in Star Wars 39: The Empire Strikes Back: Beginning, this bounty hunter was referenced as "the bounty hunter on Ord Mantell" referenced in the film. C-canon sources, however, tie that information in with a different incident.
- Star Wars 37: In Mortal Combat (First appearance)
- "Comic Marvels"—Star Wars Insider 91
- "Expanding Empire: How The Empire Strikes Back rocks the EU"—Star Wars Insider 132
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ The incident happened in Star Wars 37: In Mortal Combat, but the location wasn't given until Star Wars 39: The Empire Strikes Back: Beginning.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 Star Wars 37: In Mortal Combat
- ↑ "Comic Marvels"—Star Wars Insider 91
- ↑ "Expanding Empire: How The Empire Strikes Back rocks the EU"—Star Wars Insider 132