Fathiers, or space horses, were a non-sentient species that could be tamed and used for riding. When she still lived on the planet Kergans with her wealthy parents, Lorica Demaris learned to ride fathiers in competition, which she hated. At some point in his life, Geb Teldar mucked the stall of a fathier for a living.
Behind the scenesEdit
The fathiers were created for the 2017 film Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi, directed by Rian Johnson. They were first mentioned, though misspelled as "faithiers" in the third novel of The Aftermath Trilogy, Empire's End, written by Chuck Wendig.
- Aftermath: Empire's End (First mentioned) (misspelled as faithier)
- The Legends of Luke Skywalker
- "Rules of the Game"—Canto Bight
- "Hear Nothing, See Nothing, Say Nothing"—Canto Bight (Mentioned only)
- "The Ride"—Canto Bight
- Join the Resistance (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi
- (First pictured)
- Star Wars Made Easy: A Beginner's Guide to a Galaxy Far, Far Away (First identified as Space Horse)
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know, Updated and Expanded