The Fia (singular, Fian) were the species native to Galantos and adapted to the environment by building groundquake-proof buildings made of the rich ores and minerals mined on the planet. A peaceful species, the Fia communicated through expressive hand and arm gestures, and referred to the Koornacht Cluster as "The Multitude."
During the Yuuzhan Vong War, Chief of State Borsk Fey'lya ignored the pleas of the defenseless Fia. Hopeless, the Fia struck a deal with the Peace Brigade in the hopes of avoiding the extra-galactic invaders' wrath. They allowed the Brigade to mine the rich resources from Galantos and voluntarily disabled the Republic communication network, and in exchange the Brigade passed word to the Yuuzhan Vong that the Yevetha were an immediate threat. The Yuuzhan Vong acted on the intelligence and utterly destroyed the Yevetha, but turned their interest to the various species of the Cluster. A mission to Galantos by Han Solo and Leia Organa Solo to investigate the communications breakdown allowed the Fia to avoid death at the hands of the Yuuzhan Vong.
- The Essential Guide to Planets and Moons (Galantos entry)
- Cracken's Threat Dossier (Koornacht Cluster entry)
- The Essential Guide to Alien Species
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 7 (PLA5, Planets of the Core Worlds)
- Coruscant and the Core Worlds
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia